Hi Richard,

On 8/23/2012 8:01 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
Stephan,

But Pratt theory says that you can, and so do you for that matter.
I attribute it to a cosmic consciousness, but that is like saying nothing.

Yes, but it is a good idea to leave out the "cosmic consciousness" idea for the purpose of constructing explanations.

A game theory mechanism would be so much more useful and convincing
but with out eliminating the possibility of cosmic consciousness.

I agree but must point out that the cosmic version cannot be defined in terms of a single Boolean algebra. The closest thing is a superposition of infinitely many Boolean algebras (one for each possible consistent 1p), which is what we have in a logical description of a QM wave function. The trick is to jump from a 2-valued logic to a complex number valued logic and back. This just the measurement problem of QM in different language.

Gotta go now. Catch you later.
Richard