From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-23, 12:48:51
Subject: Re: Emergence

Hi Richard,

     Pratt's theory does not address this. Could emergence be the result
of inter-communications between monads and not an objective process at
all? It is useful to think about how to solve the Sorites paradox to see
what I mean here. A heap is said to emerge from a collection of grains,
but is there a number or discrete or smooth process that generates the
heap? No! The heap is just an abstract category that we assign. It is a
name.

--
Onward!

Stephen