On 8/25/2012 7:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 24 Aug 2012, at 19:19, meekerdb wrote:

On 8/24/2012 9:33 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
But normally the holographic principle should be extracted from comp before this can be used as an argument here.

"Normally"?? The holographic principle was extracted from general relativity and the Bekenstein bound. I don't know in what sense it "should be extracted" from something else, but if you can do so, please do. It would certainly impress me.

UDA explains why it should be. That such an extraction might take 1000^^^^1000 centuries is not relevant.

Oh, OK, you mean assuming the world is generated by the UDA then it follows that the holographic principle (assuming it's true) is also generated by the UDA (along with everything else).