This statement is blatant vitalism, and in the traditional (ancient) sense:

  So there has to be something else inside the DNA besides software.

DNA has nothing inside of it that is critical to the message it represents.

wrb

From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Clough
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:13 AM
To: everything-list
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two reasons why computers IMHO cannot exhibit
intelligence

Hi Richard Ruquist

IMHO software alone cannot create life, because life is subjective.

So there has to be something else inside the DNA besides software.

Roger Clough,  <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net> rclo...@verizon.net

8/30/2012

could function."

From: Richard Ruquist <mailto:yann...@gmail.com>

Receiver: everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Time: 2012-08-29, 16:27:17

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Two reasons why computers IMHO cannot exhibit intelligence

What is DNA if not software?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Richard Ruquist

Pre-ordained is a religious position

And we aren't controlled by software.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net

8/29/2012

could function."

From: Richard Ruquist <mailto:yann...@gmail.com>

Receiver: everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Time: 2012-08-29, 07:37:02

Roger, Do you think that humans do not function

in accord with pre-ordained hardware and software?

Richard