Hi Stathis Papaioannou

A fun question. I assume that zombies are the dead brought back
to life somehow. That monads cannot be created or destroyed
Is a peculiar feature of Leibniz's metaphysics that would enable the
resurrection of zombies.

Leibniz believed that even when we die, our monad will
still be attached to a dead and rotting corpse, since monads cannot be created
or destroyed and must always be attached to bodies. Heaven then at first
seems problematic, but that may be the reason for the Bible's doctrine of the
resurrection of
the dead, during which we will be given spiffy new (younger probably)
bodies. Presumably those sent to hell would remain rotting bodies.

It seems reasonable to assume that the witches or voodoo used to
bring the zombies back from a dead state would have imperfect
abilities so that the dead would then be brought back perhaps to a
state reasembing a nightmare in which they are made to believe
that they must eat human flesh So there you are.

The zombies should be killable a second time like the first.

To answer you second question, I don't believe we are
zombies because our intellect seems not to be in a dream state and also
that we don't crave human flesh.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/6/2012
so that everything could function."