On 9/6/2012 1:44 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 05 Sep 2012, at 08:38, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 9/5/2012 2:03 AM, meekerdb wrote:
On 9/4/2012 10:07 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 9/5/2012 12:38 AM, meekerdb wrote:
On 9/4/2012 8:59 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:

What is most interesting is that the QC can run an arbitrary number of classical computations, all at the same time. The CC can only barely compute the emulation of a single QC.

You are talking about QC and CC as though they were material computers with finite resources. Once you've assumed material resources you've lost any non-circular possibility of explaining them.

No, I am pointing out that real computations require real resources. Only when we ignore this fact we can get away with floating castles in midair.

Brent just point out that arithmetic contains infinite resource.
What do you mean by "real computations"? Do you mean "physical computations"? Why would they lack resources?

Dear Bruno,

I am talking about physical systems that have the capacity of carrying out in their dynamics the functions that implement the abstract computations that you are considering. The very thing that you claim is unnecessary.