Brent,

I believe there is a difference between (adj) 'fair' or 'unjust' and the
(noun) 'fairness', or 'consciousness'.
While the nouns (IMO) are not adequately identified the adverbs refer to
the applied system of correspondence.
E.g.: "Fair" to the unjust system. (I don't think we may use the opposite:
"unjust" to a 'fair' system in our discussion).
As I tried to explain in another post: the 'rich' consume MORE of the
country-supplied services than the not-so-rich and pay less taxes (unfair
and unjust). Certain big corporations also pay 'less' than the system would
require
(*in all fairness* - proverbially said) ordinarily.
Semantix, OOH!

John M