On 07 Sep 2012, at 13:53, Roger Clough wrote:

"A too much powerful God leads to inconsistency. "

All-powerful does not mean unlawful.

Apparently "all-powerful" does mean worst than unlawful. It means that 0 = 1. You might look at the book by Grim on the impossibility of "omniscience". Google on "grim" and "omniscience". It is (again) a diagonal argument.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/7/2012
so that everything could function."
From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-06, 15:03:44
Subject: Re: The All

On 9/6/2012 11:52 AM, Brian Tenneson wrote:

A too much powerful God leads to inconsistency.

What if reality does not always obey the laws of logic? What if reality is sometimes inconsistent?

This is a confusion of levels. Logic is rules about truth preservation in declarative sentences. Not 'obeying the laws of logic' just means declaring inconsistent sentences. We try to avoid this because such utterances would have no determinate meaning. So a *descriptions* of reality may be inconsistent (and therefore useless) but reality is just whatever it is. It can't be inconsistent because it's not assertions.