From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-12, 06:22:24
Subject: Re: victims of faith

There is no difference at all between religious mitifications and other
mitifucatuons . See form, example the paper about Darwin that I posted.
religion is a label that appears when the?ith?s old enough it has enough
believers and the object of mitification is far away in time. ?

People are reluctant to admit that they have unfounded beliefs. Specially if
they have been educated in the belief that any belief is bad and into the
belied that they have no beliefs. But to have a commong ground of beliefs is a
prerequisite for individual and social life. ? think that my theory of social
capital, mytopoesis and belief and the assimilaion of good and truth is sound
in evolutuionary terms, and provides a factual/operation definition of Truth in
the world of the mind, which is the only world accesible to us.

2012/9/11 Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> every statement about ?hatever, included "reality" is made with mental
> concepts . ?he definition of truth, reality , factual, religion, depend on
> axioms or unproved statements. I presented a computational-evolutionary,
> falsable, exposition of what religion is: ? part of a wider class of
> phenomenons of "reality construction" and I demonstrated IHMO that no man is
> free from it.

Aspects of religious belief such as mythopoesis, do occur in other
facets of life, such as politics and even science. But what is unique
about religion is that its proponents make factual statements which
they proudly profess to believe in the absence of any supporting
evidence, while disallowing such reasoning for bizarre beliefs
different to their own without any apparent awareness of the
inconsistency.

--
Stathis Papaioannou