On 23 Aug 2012, at 18:37, Roger Clough wrote:

The Supreme monad is necessary because it is necessary.

Turing-completeness, is necessary because with less you don't get even elementary arithmetic, and with it, it becomes absolutely undecidable for machines if there is anything more, beyond their subjective appearances.

It is the only monad that can perceive and act. The other monads
are linked to it but passive and have no windows (are bllnd) .

I can make sense of this. It is the actual truth of the arithmetical statements which enacted their intensional interpretation relatively to each other universal numbers. OK.

Thus the supreme monad, which choose to call God, is like a CPU (central processing unit or "chip")
of a net of blind, passive monads.

Makes sense.

So everything that happens (even the bad) is caused by the supreme monad or God,

OK.

which
is what christianity teaches us.

What a coincidence!

God has perfect vision and so is He wholly perfect but He
but has to act in a contingent, imperfect world that nevertheless must try to follow the laws
of physics (so tsunamies can happen)

OK. Some Neoplatonists go further and identify matter, evil and the locus where God loses control. Both for Aristotle and the Neoplatonist, matter is privation of determinacy. (it is ~B#, or D#, Dt being an important particular case).

In the Washington Moscow duplication thought experiment, even God cannot predict to you where you will feel to be after the duplication.

Matter is what is not determined, and thus contingent indeed, at its very roots, like W and M in a self-duplication experiment, or like, plausibly when looking at a photon through a calcite crystal.

and in which men, so as not to be robots,

You might try to be polite with the robots, and with your son in law, victim of pro-life doctors who gave him an artificial brain without its consent. He does not complain on the artificial brain, though, as he is glad to be alive. Do you think it is a (philosophical) zombie? Come on! He is a Lutheran. Obviously, if you decide that a machine cannot be a Lutheran, few machines will be ...

have the ability
to choose between good and evil and unfortunately some do evil. So its not the best world
but the best possible world,

OK. The bad is in arithmetic. To believe we can eliminate it would be like believing we can eliminate the number 666 from N. We can suppress the room 13 and 17, even 666 in some hostels, but that is the best we can do.

Still, we can reduce the harm, relatively, and learn to contemplate the spectacle, also.

Bruno

Roger Clough