Hi Bruno Marchal

<SNIP>

BRUNO: Matter is what is not determined, and thus contingent indeed, at its
very roots, like W and M in a self-duplication experiment, or like, plausibly
when looking at a photon through a calcite crystal.

ROGER: So Newton's Laws, such as F = ma, are not deterministic ?

ROGER: and in which men, so as not to be robots,

BRUNO:  You might try to be polite with the robots, and with your son in law,
victim of pro-life doctors who gave him an artificial brain without its
consent. He does not complain on the
artificial brain, though, as he is glad to be alive. Do you think it is a
(philosophical) zombie? Come on! He is a Lutheran. Obviously, if you decide
that a machine cannot be a Lutheran, few machines will be ...

ROGER: I may be wrong, but I don't see how an artifical brain can have any
awareness or intelligence, for these require life-- real life.

<SNIP>