On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:41:33 PM UTC-4, Platonist Guitar Cowboy
> I am not saying arithmetic = music; I have no idea about that, just that
> the two can't do without each other.
I think that is true of any form of expression or communication, since the
formations which are used to induce the experiences (of music, art, poetry,
etc) in the audience are constructed from material manipulations in
spacetime. Anytime something has to be expressed externally, it has to be
packaged with arithmetically coherent protocols. That doesn't of course
mean that music "is" those protocols, only that any production of music can
be analyzed arithmetically. Without an experience of sound associated with
the arithmetic, there is nothing but a conceptual sculpture of abstraction.