On 9/20/2012 7:14 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 20 Sep 2012, at 14:27, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Because we know for a fact that our consciousness correlates with neural
activity ...

We don't know that. It is a theory, a belief, an assumption, ...

Some people have believed that consciousness correlates to the state of the

We never know if a theory is "true". We can only know when a theory is false.

But "correlates with" isn't a theory - it's closer to a fact; the sort of thing we use to find that a theory is false.