On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 06:49:12PM -0400, Stephen P. King wrote:
Hi Russell,

     Question: Why has little if any thought been given in AGI to
self-modeling and some capacity to track the model of self under the
evolutionary transformations?

Its not my field - general evolutionary processes are not self-aware,
or self- anything, in general. But Hod Lipson has developed some (rather crude
IMHO) self-aware robots (in the shape of a starfish, for some strange reason).

Cheers

But would that not make an AGI just a glorified calculator? I am very interested in Lipson's work! I cannot find his latest research...

--
Onward!

Stephen