On 08 Oct 2012, at 18:02, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Have a look at the first few minutes of this show with conjoined twins Abby and Brittany:

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/abby-and-brittany/videos/big-moves.htm

You can see that although they do not share the same brain they clearly share aspects of the same mind. They often speak in unison but they can disagree with each other. This can be interpreted to mean that they are similar machines and therefore are able to generate the same functions simultaneously, but then how can they voluntarily disagree? To me, this shows how fundamentally different subjectivity and will is from computation, information, or even physics. Even though I think subjectivity is physical, it's because physics is subjective, and the way that happens is via intention through time, rather than extension across space. The words they say are not being transmitted from inside one skull to another, even though Brittany seems to be echoing Abby in the sense that she is in a more subservient role in expressing what they are saying, the echo is not meaningfully delayed - she is not listening to Abby's words with her ears and then imitating her, she is feeling the meaning of what is being said at nearly the same time.

I think that Bruno would say that this illustrates the nonlocality of arithmetic as each person is a universal machine who is processing similar data with similar mechanisms,

For non locality, you need "same" instead of "similar".

Of course you can say that the "if-then-else subroutine", defined in some functional way, act no locally in many different brains and computers, but that does not give rise to the non-locality we can "observe" from being in the UD, or in Everett universal wave.

but I see real-time Quorum Mechanics. They are speaking more or less 'in concert'. Were they machines, I would expect that they could get out of synch. One could just start repeating the other five seconds later, or they could lapse into an infinite regress of echoing. Surely the circuitry of such a rare instrument would not and could not evolve rock solid error corrective anticipation for this.

I think Brittany and Abby are two single individual persons.