On 09 Oct 2012, at 08:16, meekerdb wrote:

On 10/8/2012 3:49 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:

Hi Russell,

Question: Why has little if any thought been given in AGI to self-modeling and some capacity to track the model of self under the evolutionary transformations?

It's probably because AI's have not needed to operate in environments where they need a self-model. They are not members of a social community. Some simpler systems, like Mars Rovers, have limited self-models (where am I, what's my battery charge,...) that they need to perform their functions, but they don't have general intelligence (yet).

Unlike PA and ZF and Lôbian entity which have already the maximal possible noyion of self (both in the 3p and 1p sense).

But PA and ZF have no amount at all of reasonable local incarnation (reasonable with respect of doing things on Earth, or on Mars). Mars Rovers is far beyond PA and ZF in that matter, I mean of being connected to some "real mundane life".