It just may provide you that "flash of insight" you hanker for; that's my grand
hope, anyway.

here's a snippet:

"There may be no reason to say something until after it has been said. Once it
has been said a context develops to support it, and yet it would never have
been produced by a context. It may not be possible to plan a new style in art,
but once it comes about, it creates its own validity. It is usual to proceed
forward step by step until one has got somewhere. But - it is also possible to
get there first by any means and then look back and find the best route. A
problem may be worked forward from the beginning but it may also be worked
backward from the end.

Instead of proceeding steadily along a pathway, one jumps tpo a different
point, or several different points in turn, and then waits for them to link
together to form a coherent pattern. It is in the nature of the self-maximising
system of the memory-surface that is mind to create a coherent pattern out of
such separate points. If the pattern is effective then it cannot possibly
matter whether it came about in a sequential fashion or not. A frame of
reference is a context provided by the current arrangement of information. It
is the direction of development implied by this arrangement. One cannot break
out of this frame of reference by working from within it. It maybe necessary to
jump out, and if the jump is successful then the frame of reference is itself
altered". (p. 240 - description of the process known as "Lateral Thinking".)

Give me a bell in about a week and we will jump in somewhere for a beer and I
will pass you this volume (if still interested after reading the above) - I
will have a little less Uni work to do for a short while; I may be able to get
down to a bit of finessing of our translation of Bruno's "Amoebas".

Kim Jones