Hi William R. Buckley

You can speak to a potential test subject,
but it can only reply if it indeed has a mind. This
is the Turing test, the results of which are not certain.
But it is the only test I can think of unless you
want to get into the Chinese room argument, etc.

If it does not reply, it's a zombie. But just to be certain,
if it does, as a Turing test, I would ask a series of questions
a zombie (someone without a mind) would probably not know,
such as

1) what color are your eyes ?
2) What color are my eyes ?
3) What is your mother's name ?
4) How many fingers am I holding up ?
5) What color is a plenget ?
6) Who are you going to vote for in the upcoming election?
7) What is your birth date?
8) Where were you born?
9) How tall am I ?
10) Am I taller than you are ?
10) Do you prefer vanillaberries to Mukle pudding ?

etc.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/19/2012