From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-20, 15:10:09
Subject: Re: Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle in Doubt

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:19:46 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:
On 10/18/2012 2:16 PM, freqflyer07281972 wrote:
> Is anyone here aware of the following?
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/66654-heisenbergs-uncertainty-principle-in-doubt
>

> Does it have implications for MW interpretations of quantum physics?
>
> I'd love to see comments about this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan
> --
Hi Dan,

     This article is rubbish. The writer does not understand the
subtleties involved and does not understand that nothing like the tittle
was found to be true.

I agree. I see what they were trying to get at: Measurement can cause
uncertainty but not all of the uncertainty. They leave open the question of
what does cause the uncertainty - i.e. perhaps the very nature of quantum is
uncertain or immeasurable.

The problem of course is in the assumption "we're just going to make a *weak*
measurement that won't have an effect on it". Sigh. I'll just stand in the
bathroom with you...you won't even know I'm here. You can't fool the fabric of
the universe. You can spoof it maybe, but you can't hide from it entirely.

Craig

--
Onward!

Stephen