On 20 Oct 2012, at 20:55, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

Then the measure addict people believe in a lot of things that are not measurable: they believe in an external reality .

Not the computationalist (one they get the consequences of comp correctly). They believe in a sharable dreams as they are not solipist. Is there or not a physical universe? The question is not even well defined, once you know that the physical reality has to emerge from dreams coherence conditions, coming from the constraint of arithmetic.

They believe in a certain pitagoric cult to measurement, that is not measurable.

All the consequences of comp are testable, and indeed QM confirms them up to now. Not Newton mechanics, not GR, but QM confirms even the formal details.

They believe that their perception is transparent, and that his mind play no role, because it translates a complete objective and accurate view of reality. Therefore the mind and his relation with matter is not worth to study. They believe in things not measurable, like countries, specially their own (which they would laugh If i say that their country is a bunch of atoms. Apparently their reductionism is selective).

I agree with you, all this is not serious. But it is the complete contrary of comp, which has a precise theory of mind (Boole, Boolos, computer science, mathematical logic, arithmetic) and it explains where the beliefs in matter and consciousness come from, without postulating them, except at the start in the definition of comp.

With comp, there are no "bunch of atoms" in the reality, only in the mind of infinities of numbers. They have to be modalities of self- reference.

Keep well distinct materialism and computationalism, as they are completely opposite.

They believe in their loved ones that are dead (they do not exist according with their point of view, but they sometimes talk with them, dedicate books to them and act like if they are observing them. They bet, trust and believe in persons, despite the fact that they are nor measurable.. They believe in their leaders. They believe in some scientist that are liars. but they believe them without making measures and experiments for themselves. It seems tha almost all that they believe derives from a sense of authority, like any other persom.

And they do it well on believing in these nor measurable things, because if they doint believe, they would be paralized and will kill someone or kill themselves.

COMP + materialism leads to nihilism, person elimination, god elimination, etc. Unfortunately, for historical circumstances, most scientist believes in both comp and materialism, but this is just logically contradictory (and that is not entirely obvious, so you can consult the argument).

Bruno