Hi Bruno,

This may not be the final answer, but the I Ching
demonstrates that comp is possible. That Yi is a complete,
homogeneous (and all of that good stuff) semantic field,
the set of all possible human experiences to 64 bit
resolution (the hexagrams) in numerical (binary) form.

When I say "all", I mean all, because the hexagrams
are generated combinatorially from yin (0) and yang (1),
or 2 bits per line, there being six lines in a hexagram,
which gives a total of 2^6 = 64 bits per hexagram.
And there are 8x8 =64 corresponding hexagrams .
The hexagrams are constructed based on the 64 situations.
This construction (combining trigrams) would be your "calculation ".

Assuming that as in tao, the world is made of a mixture
of yin and yang, the hexagrams are top/bottom combinations
of three line trigrams, where top=outer (public) situations
and bottom are inner (subjective) experiences. As I have
indicated previously, public versions of experiences are
given as 3p(1p), so

3p = top trigram (environment)
1p = bottom trigram (personal situation).

For example, suppose the 3p top (dominant, environment)
is a man, which reading right to left is 111. And a woman
000 is the bottom.  Then you have 111000, which
means stagnation.  Reversing the trigrams so that
the woman is top or dominant gives "bliss". Any wopman
will tell you that these meanings are correct.

As an example of how the hexagrams of the Yi are
constructed, see

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/learn/gua/trigrams/

This site is run by an old acquaintance of mine,
Hilary.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/22/2012