On 21 Oct 2012, at 22:03, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

This does not implies a reality created by an UD algorithm. It may be a mathematical universe, that is a superset of the computable universes.

The computable universe is a subset of the mathematical universe.

Just compare: the computable universe correspond to the Sigma_1 sentences. It is already only semi or partially computable, as the negation of a Sigma_1 sentence can already be not computable (that's the PI_1 sentence), then you have the sigma_1, still more non computable, and then the sigma_3, etc... And that is only a tiny part of arithmetical truth, which is just *much* vaster than the computable, but can still be considered as a tiny part of the mathematical truth.

The measure problem in the UD algorith translates to the problem of the effectivity of the Occam Razor, or the problem of the apparent simplicity of the phisical laws, or, in other words, their low kolmogorov complexity, that solomonov translates in his theory of inductive inference.

This can solve the 3p rabbit problems, but not the 1p rabbit problems. You will re-awake older discussions.

Kolmogorov complexity can play some role here, but does not solve the 1p-problem, which is transformed into a justification of the stability of dreams, with still a possibility to define a notion of physical realm, perhaps by changing some definition.

Complexity exploits the simple/immune complementary in the W_i.
Beliefs, knowledge, even observation, exploits the creativity/ productivity complementarity in the W_i.

Bennett notion of depth should play a role also, to justify a notion of cosmological history.

The whole problem of the 1p indeterminacy, is that it does give a role to big programs. The little programs cannot get rid of them so easily (by just matter of complexity). We are ourselves already relatively rare *big* relative numbers.

Bruno