On 29 Oct 2012, at 17:34, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

OK, let's suppose that the numbers can be considered as ideas
in the mind of the One or the Supreme monad, which
is the monad for the universe. Then the universe
would be the corporeal body. Or something like that.

Hmm... I don't think this can work. The supreme monads can only dream, the physical universe is when many universal numbers shared their dreams, in some manner. There is no ultimate corporeal body, at least not in the 'usual' sense, as some collection of dreams might point on something very similar. It is complex to explain the picture from scratch. It is simpler to get it by oneself by doing the reasoning. We will see. The supreme monad, as you define it, is just the 'man', or the Löbian universal machine (man is used in a very large but precise sense, it includes plausibly the jumping spiders). You have 8 hypostases:

                              God
     Man                               Divine-Man
                              Soul

Intelligible matter          Divine intelligible Matter
Sensible Matter             Divine Sensible Matter

You supreme monad might be played by the Man or the Divine-Man, or Divine-Intellect (it is Plato's Noùs). Read some of my papers perhaps, but you might need to study a bit of logic and computer science for this.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/29/2012