On 11/8/2012 1:14 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2012/11/8 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

    On 11/8/2012 1:58 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

    On 07 Nov 2012, at 19:25, meekerdb wrote:

    On 11/7/2012 7:53 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
    How can you be in two places at once ?

Your soul, or 1p-you, cannot.

    A viewpoint implies a certain place, but I don't see that one can only be
    conscious of one place at a time.  Consider the operator in Florida who is
    operating a drone over Afghanistan.  His consciousness is aware of both
places at
    once.

    OK, and with the TV or the net, in that sense most of us are aware of many
places
    at once, but not in a sense relevant for the 1-indeterminacy question, I
think.

    But I think it could be.  If the drone pilot were in a more immersive
simulation he
    might just shift his attention from Afgahnistan to Florida the same as
shifting your
    attention from your desk to your monitor.  While his body would have a
definite
    location, his consciousness would not.

As you point yourself by using the words "shifting your attention", the conscionsness still has a definite location depending on where the attention of the drone pilot is. He is either focusing on the Afgahnistan environment or Florida, not both, at no moments he feels to be at two places at once (I can't imagine what it could be).

Yes, that's the way our minds model the world. But then the question is where are you when you close your eyes and think about your childhood or a math problem. So if 'you' can only be one place at a time, that's just a characteristic of how you think - it's not equivalent to the fact that a macroscopic object (like you body) can only be one place at a time. If thinking is computation there is no reason that thoughts could not included awareness of being two places at once (like the Borg); something that is approximately realized by the drone pilot.