On 11/9/2012 3:26 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
It seems to me that we automatically get a 'fixed identity' when we consider each observer's 1p to be defined by a bundle or sheaf of an infinite number of computations. The chooser of A and of B is one and the same if and only if the computational bundle that make the choice of A also make the choice of B. What you are considering is just an example of my definition of reality.

But what makes the bundle or sheaf stay together? As computations why don't they quickly diverge? That's the question I was raising in the Moscow/Washington thought experiment. We know the M-man and the W-man diverge because they experience different things. But they experience different things because their physical eyes/skin/ears... are in differenct physical places? And those experiences form two different sheafs of computation that have a lot in common within each and differences between them. But there is no computational explanation of why that should be so. Computationally there could be just one sheaf including the M-man and the W-man just as the drone pilot has a sheaf that includes Florida and Afghanistan. So the argument for comp seems to rely on physics.