Hi Roger,

The definition of harmony you cite above is "entertainment biased",
because: Virtually all music is dissonant as the vast majority of music
includes more complex fundamental frequency ratios than unison and octave:
anything more complex than 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 etc. is by strict definition
already dissonant, leading to rational number ratios etc. Note this is true
independently of "somewhat muddled and defective senses".

But there's not a large target market for such music: it would be fun to
compose music with little dissonance and just Octaves all day... but they
already do a version of this with New Age, meditation music etc. but they
still need more than the octave, to not bore the listeners to death with
static sine wave @ 440hz. But you can't mix 12-tone music with more
traditional systems of harmony, unless you build larger musical contexts,
because conjunction, transition, simultaneity, harmony, dissonance are
defined very differently. Like instead of "either this chord or that chord
for this genre in this musical context" in more traditional harmony, you
get "this chord AND that chord" in 12-tone music; with either chord on its
own being "false" in most 12-tone context.

Mark