Hi Roger,

On 22 Nov 2012, at 13:57, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno

Wouldn't there have to be a pre-established perfect correspondence
between the mind of the human (or the state of the world) with
the computer in order for comp to hold ?

You don't need a "perfect" correspondence. What would that mean? Even a brain has to make a lot of approximate representations all of the time, and to correct many error through redundant neuronal circuitry.

But that would require the computer to know the future.
Hence comp is false.

You seem to be quite quick. I am not sure I see your point at all.

For comp being false, you need to postulate that there are some activities which are not Turing emulable in the body, but up to now everything in nature seems to be based on computable (Turing emulable) laws (except the wave packet reduction, which is itself quite a speculation).

Have you try to read the UD argument? Are you OK with the definition of comp, and step 1?

Bruno

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
11/22/2012