On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 10:43:02AM -0500, Richard Ruquist wrote:
> Also I recently learned, I am ashamed to admit, that quantum information
> theory,
> which is based on complex numbers, allows for entropy to have negative values.
> Does comp also make that prediction?
> I am unable to find a ref for negative entropy in QIT.
> Richard

I doubt that very much. Negative entropy implies probabilities greater
than 1. Probabilities have always been in the range [0,1] in any
version of QM I have worked on.

Of course there is such a thing as Negentropy, but negentropy is
actually a positive quantity. I don't think it is what you're looking for.

Principal, High Performance Coders