On Friday, December 14, 2012 1:47:11 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> On Friday, December 14, 2012 1:21:52 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>>
>>  On 12/14/2012 9:29 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>
>>   That´s why the progressives hate any constraint, any law any
>>> definition that fixes things once and for all.
>>>

>> That's because it is their job to represent the reality that nothing in
>> the universe is fixed once and for all - except the universe itself.
>>

>> HEY!
>>
>>     Demonizing the opposition is not welcome here!
>>

> I never knew my views were so progressive until after seeing them
> demonized so often on this list. I try to avoid getting into politics
> online and have only ever responded to repeated trash-talking. The
> opposition should either refrain from throwing the first punch *every
> single time* or be ready to get back some of what they never stop dishing
> out.
>
> Craig
>
>  Dear Craig,
>
>     Can anyone other than you know exactly what it is that you are? No.
> Therefore whatever is said of you by some other is not true. It is when we
> think of everything as physical, thoughts become words, words become
> shouting matches, shouting matches become ... Such childish behavior!
> Childhood needs to end at some point. We are not just physical, we are much
> more and should reason as such.

I agree. I'm not motivated by my personal investment so much as the
one-sided disparagement of non-conservative positions on this list. There
are only a few offenders, but they never fail to turn every discussion into
an opportunity to inject some kind of knee-jerk political stereotype into
the conversation. I would never do that, so I don't see why I should
politely accept it being done by others. I try to let it pass most of the
time,. but why should I have to always be the one?