On Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:29:50 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
> On 12/15/2012 1:51 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
> > How about this:
> > Liberals are utopians, conservatives are skeptical of them.
> Dear Roger,
> No, All that is different between them is where their respective utopias
> lie. Liberals yearn for a future utopia on Earth, conservatives pine
> over their utopia in the past.

I would agree with that, but the thing is, the former may or may not be
possible but the latter is certainly impossible. What is there better to do
than to try to push civilization in the direction of a future utopia? What
could be more destructive and foolish than to try to undo what has happened
and put future back in a box?