From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-15, 14:46:07
Subject: Re: Moral evaluations of harm are instant and emotional,brainstudyshows

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:29:50 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
On 12/15/2012 1:51 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
> How about this:
> Liberals are utopians, conservatives are skeptical of them.

Dear Roger,

No, All that is different between them is where their respective utopias
lie. Liberals yearn for a future utopia on Earth, conservatives pine
over their utopia in the past.

I would agree with that, but the thing is, the former may or may not be
possible but the latter is certainly impossible. What is there better to do
than to try to push civilization in the direction of a future utopia? What
could be more destructive and foolish than to try to undo what has happened and
put future back in a box?

Craig

> Sometimes one is right, sometimes the other, but
> unfortunately it costs money (usually a fortune) to create a demo.
> So liberals need to listen seriously to the conservatives.

They should listen more to each other and stop the childish
recriminations,demonizing and tribalism, IMHO.

--
Onward!

Stephen