On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:43:42 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> > If you have a group of people getting rich while other people are in
> > bondage to them and stay poor, that presents a problem for social
> > mobility - which is being realized now as the US has fallen beneath
> > several other countries in social mobility.
>
> Hi,
>
>      OK, we need a theory of social mobility that makes accurate
> predictions. Got one? Could we say that the fact that the US has fallen
> in its measure of social mobility tell us something about the failure of
> some current policies or combination as having some causal effect of
> that fall in ranking?

The failure to recognize Supply-Side economics as the transparent fraud
that it was is to blame in my opinion.

They don't make that case here, but you can see from the graph that the
new, lower post-war pattern begins in the mid 80s.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-american-dream-is-now-a-myth-2012-6

Craig