On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:50:08 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> > You won't be a victim, but you will be at a disadvantage if you are
> > trying to live and prosper in a Conservative world which focuses on
> > the way things were rather than they way they are now, or could be, or
> > should be.
> Hi Craig,
>
>      What is the difference that makes a difference between "being a
> victim (of some oppressive action)" and "being at a disadvantage". The
> same outcomes obtain!

It's the framing. Calling someone a victim implicitly frames them as a
loser, and object. Being at a disadvantage is a neutral term describing the
effect on society without injecting personal fault. It's the simple fact
rather than a judgment of victim-victimizer. Again, I'm not saying there
was any other way that an empire like the US could have prospered in the
past, I only observe that it is not prospering now and this is clearly why.

Craig