On 12/16/2012 1:05 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

     What is the difference that makes a difference between "being a
    victim (of some oppressive action)" and "being at a disadvantage".
    The
    same outcomes obtain!

It's the framing. Calling someone a victim implicitly frames them as a loser, and object. Being at a disadvantage is a neutral term describing the effect on society without injecting personal fault. It's the simple fact rather than a judgment of victim-victimizer. Again, I'm not saying there was any other way that an empire like the US could have prospered in the past, I only observe that it is not prospering now and this is clearly why.
Hi Craig,

Indeed, but how framings are selected is an implicit form of framing itself! But, waitafrakinminute, why is the US in decline now, again?

--
Onward!

Stephen