On 12/16/2012 1:18 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
if you are a black male in America you are six times more likely to go to prison than a white male - and that this fact is not because white males don't break the law as much as black males.

    No, it is because of the disparity caused by a lack of education, IMHO.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051228145956/http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/p02.pdf

" In 2002, 93.2% of prisoners were male. 10.4% of the black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, as were 2.4% of Hispanic males and 1.2% of white males."

I notice in this paper an absence of discussion of the statistics of indictments and acquittals per classification, which might show some more interesting patterns from which we might draw conclusions.

    What does skin color have to do with? Why are we even noticing it?

--
Onward!

Stephen