On 12/16/2012 9:49 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

    My standard comment is that the Democrats will say that they are
    going to do good things and not do them while Republicans will do
    bad things and then say that they are good.

Hi Craig,

To me it boils down to a willingness to be objective. If one defines a standard of measure of good and bad, then one must apply it consistently. Otherwise there is no such thing as "good' or 'bad". Tribalism comes with a shiftable measure of good and bad (stealing from non-members of the tribe is OK, stealing from tribe members is bad, for example), this makes tribalism bad, IMHO, not matter what kind of tribalism it is!