On Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:16:51 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> On Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:47:54 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>>
>>  On 12/16/2012 1:42 PM, meekerdb wrote:
>>
>> On 12/15/2012 10:20 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
>>
>>   I guess preventing women from learning to read is good in Afghanistan,
>> even though it's bad here.  So it's rational when you agree with the
>> conclusion and rationalization when you don't.
>>
>> Brent
>>

>>     No, it is not! Where are people in power in the US preventing women
>> from learning to read in the US? What "Power" is needs to be precisely
>> defined. Arguments from unreal hypotheticals are always fallacious.
>>

>> What hypothetical??  Women ARE prevented from learning to read in
>> Afghanistan and we DO think it would be a bad thing to keep women from
>> learning to read here.
>>
>> Brent
>>  --
>>

>>     Is the average US citizen the cause of the actions of the average
>> Teleban member in Afghanistan? What is the relation between some activity
>> in Afghanistan and in "somewhere we are". This is an equivocation, thus a
>> rubbish argument.
>>

> Eh, there is a direct relation. After WW.II, The US and other world powers
> have been playing Chess with the Third World. Toppling democracies,
> installing puppet regimes. That's pretty much the CIAs function. The actual
> history is interesting.. the Oliver Stone series on Showtime right now is
> pretty informative. Why were we messing with the governments if Iran,
> Guatemala, Indonesia, Vietnam, Congo, Afghanistan? Why did the average
> citizens of those countries pose a threat to the oil companies and
> agribusiness?
>
> Craig
>

>     OH, I get it! The fact that I am born in the US makes me guilty of a
> crime for which I must pay restitution. Nice! What a nice con. Get people
> to believe that they owe you money and then sit back and collect checks.
> Sweet!

Just because the American empire runs like other empires doesn't make us
guilty of a crime, but it makes us legitimate targets in the eyes of those
who are being oppressed in the name of our interests. How could it not? I
don't know what kind of money con you are talking about. Like Progressive
politics is a big money maker? hahaha

Craig