From: Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Dec 17, 2012 9:09 am
Subject: Re: Progressives and social darwinism

On Monday, December 17, 2012 12:53:03 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On 12/17/2012 12:23 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:36:35 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On 12/16/2012 7:18 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:44:11 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On 12/16/2012 4:28 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

OH, I get it! The fact that I am born in the US makes me guilty of a crime for
which I must pay restitution. Nice! What a nice con. Get people to believe that
they owe you money and then sit back and collect checks. Sweet!

Just because the American empire runs like other empires doesn't make us guilty
of a crime, but it makes us legitimate targets in the eyes of those who are
being oppressed in the name of our interests. How could it not? I don't know
what kind of money con you are talking about. Like Progressive politics is a
big money maker? hahaha

Hi!

    It is a weaponizing and monitizing of guilt, used to control people.

Control them to do what? Build libraries instead of liquidating them to add a
number in some billionaire's bank account?

    Libraries full of books that no one can read?

Why can't people read?

    Education institutions that don't really educate.

We agree on that, and the lack of money allocated for it isn't the only
problem. Education in the US should be torn down to the bricks and redone
completely in a way that is nearly the opposite of what we have now. Vouchers
could work in theory, but without some kind of unifying curriculum and social
experience to counterbalance, that will likely produce lots of brainwashed
fanatics of every stripe.

Nice idea! There is a saying that applies here. It is not possible to fix a
real problem by just changing one thing.

For sure, I'm talking in general principle here.

    ok

Witness the numbers of people in the world that are completely reliant on a
handout for survive!

You mean the Defense contractors and beneficiaries of huge industrial and
agricultural subsidies?

    Sure! but wait, not banks and insurance companies?

Them too.

Why not ban all corporations? No, wait, we might need them....

Rehabilitating them to be sub-human entities rather than super-human would be a
good start. A corporation is mainly a way for wealthy people to cheat
capitalism.

    Sure, and make lots of nice stuff cheaply too. ;-)

Or make lots of cheap stuff seem nice to people who are too exhausted to know
the difference.

Craig

--
nward!