On 12/17/2012 11:59 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    On 12/17/2012 9:23 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
    > Stamping out fear of every kind in the world is a worthy cause.

    Wrong!

         Fear of those things that will kill you is healthy. This is why
    pain exists.

Then we should promote a crippling fear of fast food and a stressful, sedentary lifestyle.

Craig,

What is with the constant weaponizing of fear? Is there nothing nice and wonderful point in the world that we can just stop and love the fact that we are alive? We are here, IMHO, to experience the fullness of Sense. Damping it down into "safe bites" is nothing more than trying to do the job of thermodynamics faster. We are, after all, identical to each other in the last of days. System at max entropy, time stop. end video. ______________________

It is important to be able to pay attention to what is dangerous and to be able to act responsibly toward it, but there's no reason to ornament it with any sentiment or patriotism. I have no problem avoiding things that can kill me without nurturing fears about them.

Flail away, but your just missing out. You have any kids yet? Relax man, here, have a bowl! (while you can!)

--
Onward!

Stephen