On Monday, December 17, 2012 11:38:12 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi Craig
>
> Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
> And it also damps down crime, cruelty and murder.
>
> We should not only fear (and love) God, but fear Satan.

No, we should grow up and understand reality as it is, not as we have been
told it is.

> Because as that mass murder of children over the weekend shows,
> evil is real.

The belief in evil is exactly what attracts some people to do horrible
acts. People murder their own kids because God told them to do it also.
Super-signifying agents should be understood, not loved or feared.

> That's the simplest explanation, which
> you liberals can't accept and so go around searching
> for some complex psychological reason for why that
> creep murdered those children.

There's all kinds of reasons for the increasing incidents of white-males in
mass shootings, but with the arsenal his mother had, we can safely assume
that she was not a Progressive, permissive parent. Not that it matters
though. Whatever the reason, I think that we can't afford not to have some
large areas of the country (cities, counties, or states) where guns are
banned.

> That may be the only thing you can be sure about in this life,
> that evil is real. It isn't just words. It's real.

Evil is more than real and less than real. Evil is the a personal
orientation toward motivation by love and understanding or fear and hatred.
Evil is when natural appetites are suppressed out of fear until they find
another way to be heard. Evil is when a society is so sick with greed and
sterilized by mechanism that it turns its offices and schools into prisons.
As far as I'm concerned, these killers should be turned over to the
families of the victims who should do whatever they want to them if
possible. It's not about fighting Evil, it's about giving justice where
possible. Fighting Evil is like fighting bacteria with antibiotics - there
is just going to be more resistance the more we invest in fear of it.

Craig