From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-17, 11:59:08
Subject: Re: Men don't get no respect these days

On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
On 12/17/2012 9:23 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> Stamping out fear of every kind in the world is a worthy cause.

Wrong!

     Fear of those things that will kill you is healthy. This is why
pain exists.

Then we should promote a crippling fear of fast food and a stressful, sedentary
lifestyle.

It is important to be able to pay attention to what is dangerous and to be able
to act responsibly toward it, but there's no reason to ornament it with any
sentiment or patriotism. I have no problem avoiding things that can kill me
without nurturing fears about them.

Craig

--
Onward!