On 12/17/2012 12:13 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

    Are these examples not good enough for you? One can change the
    name of a concept/theory... What has gotten into you?

Why do you think something has 'gotten into me'?
Of those three on your list I have heard of one of them - Marcuse, but *only* because my Right Wing history professor at UCSB made the entire chapter on the 60s about him. Otherwise I would have never in my life have known of his work - especially since he died 35 years ago.

As for being under a rock, that's exactly my point. For myself and every other person I have heard or read express Progressive views, I do not see that they take their cues from these academics, which they are usually unaware of. By contrast, many is the time that I will debate with a Right-Libertarian and it is only a matter of time until Von Mises is brought up (talk about idolatry). Progressives are people whose parents didn't beat them and intimidate them, so they aren't afraid to think for themselves, and they aren't afraid of letting go of that kind of patriarchal model of control. Everything that you all have been saying here is only making me more and more clear on the lack of real substance or ideas behind Conservativism. It's 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!' writ large. The more Conservative ideas are understood, the more Progressives there will be.

Try this example of modern neo-marxists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWCYAchd7E

Try listening to Rush Limbaugh for 1 hour and think of him as Racheal Maddow's Twin brother. http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WORD

To be truly balanced, one must practice balance. Consider all views as if they are a p.o.v. of God. The trick is to understand that all points of view do not need to be finitely mutually consistent!

    "Love thy Neighbor as thyself."