On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:44:59 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  Are these examples not good enough for you? One can change the name of a
>> concept/theory... What has gotten into you?
>>

> Why do you think something has 'gotten into me'?
> Of those three on your list I have heard of one of them - Marcuse, but
> *only* because my Right Wing history professor at UCSB made the entire
> chapter on the 60s about him. Otherwise I would have never in my life have
> known of his work - especially since he died 35 years ago.
>
> As for being under a rock,  that's exactly my point. For myself and every
> other person I have heard or read express Progressive views, I do not see
> that they take their cues from these academics, which they are usually
> unaware of. By contrast, many is the time that I will debate with a
> Right-Libertarian and it is only a matter of time until Von Mises is
> brought up (talk about idolatry). Progressives are people whose parents
> didn't beat them and intimidate them, so they aren't afraid to think for
> themselves, and they aren't afraid of letting go of that kind of
> patriarchal model of control. Everything that you all have been saying here
> is only making me more and more clear on the lack of real substance or
> ideas behind Conservativism. It's 'Pay no attention to the man behind the
> curtain!' writ large. The more Conservative ideas are understood, the more
> Progressives there will be.
>
> Hey!
>
>     Try this example of modern neo-marxists:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWCYAchd7E

Boycotting a restaurant is Marxist? I would think that using free speech to
influence others not to spend their money at Chick-Fil-A would be a
perfectly Libertarian pastime?

> Try listening to Rush Limbaugh for 1 hour and think of him as Racheal
> Maddow's Twin brother.
> http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WORD
>
>     To be truly balanced, one must practice balance. Consider all views as
> if they are a p.o.v. of God. The trick is to understand that all points of
> view do not need to be finitely mutually consistent!
>
>     "Love thy Neighbor as thyself."

I've listened to Rush several times. Not sure I have been able to stand it
for a whole hour at a time, but I have listened before. Maddow definitely
exaggerates but it pales in comparison to the outrageous stream of lies
from Limbaugh and Beck. http://www.politifact.com/subjects/pundits/

Just look at the Right compared to Left in there. Should I go through and
add them up or can you see how much more the Right relies on inflammatory
fiction?

Craig