On Monday, December 17, 2012 6:05:22 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  Hey!
>>
>>     Try this example of modern neo-marxists:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWCYAchd7E
>>

> Boycotting a restaurant is Marxist? I would think that using free speech
> to influence others not to spend their money at Chick-Fil-A would be a
> perfectly Libertarian pastime?
>

> Hi Craig,
>
>     Yes, it is Marxist. Acting to disallow the means to make a profit is
> marxist. It certainly isn't capitalism.

Of course it's capitalism. If I made a company which packaged a Flash mob
demonstration service for Burger King to take market share from Chick Fil-A
in the exact same way, what would be the difference between that and an ad
campaign? It sounds like you are saying that because it is regular people
doing it without a profit motive instead of a corporation doing it for a
profit that it isn't covered by Liberty.

> And all of that nonsense was over the words that a fellow said in some
> interview. Amazing. PETA is another example of modern marxism on parade.

I can't relate to that at all. Without protest, there would be no United
States. What if McDonalds started bankrolling The Frankfurt School? Would
you call it Marxist to boycott McDonalds? The double standard is surprising
Stephen.

>> Try listening to Rush Limbaugh for 1 hour and think of him as Racheal
>> Maddow's Twin brother.
>> http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WORD
>>
>>     To be truly balanced, one must practice balance. Consider all views
>> as if they are a p.o.v. of God. The trick is to understand that all points
>> of view do not need to be finitely mutually consistent!
>>
>>     "Love thy Neighbor as thyself."
>>

> I've listened to Rush several times. Not sure I have been able to stand it
> for a whole hour at a time, but I have listened before. Maddow definitely
> exaggerates but it pales in comparison to the outrageous stream of lies
> from Limbaugh and Beck. http://www.politifact.com/subjects/pundits/
>

>     I trust my mind to be a semi-reliable source or error correction.

Huh?  You can tell by the smell if someone makes an error, but when someone
researches the facts impartially and publishes the result, you think I
should ignore it?

I find myself arguing constantly against Maddow and only sometimes with
> Limbaugh. At least Rush makes me laugh. Maddow makes me want to try out
> some QS experiments!

I don't listen to either one very often. Politics is a waste of time in
this country.

> Just look at the Right compared to Left in there. Should I go through and
> add them up or can you see how much more the Right relies on inflammatory
> fiction?
>

>     Again, I am not making apologetic here. I am trying to get you to cut
> through the bogus arguments on both sides and rise about the tribalism of
> Us v. Them. We face a global problem of resource scarcity. Why don't we
> figure out some solutions that actually work without harming people and
> implement them?

The solutions begin by slowing down the machine. Give people more time off.
Stop producing and reproducing so much.

Craig