On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:19:46 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  On 12/18/2012 11:54 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:34:14 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:
>>
>> Hi Craig Weinberg
>>
>> Party politics will soon end.
>>
>> The two parties of the future (next year if even that)
>> will be (a) those who want to cut the debt and
>> (b) those who don't.
>>
>> That's what's happened to much of europe.
>>

> Eh, even that will be a lie. I would assume that party politics will
> continue in a less overt way is all. Oligarchy re-branded.
>

>     And what changed? Haves v. have nots will fight forever until max
> entropy is reached. Meanwhile I need to house, clothe and feed myself and
> my children.
>

> As far as the pipe dream of increasing individual liberty by reducing the
> power of government, can't you see that unconstitutional Corporate
> Feudalism will fill the vacuum before you can say Habeus Corpus? You think
> that Monsanto is going to give you a constitution?
> Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahah.
>
> Craig
>

>     Monsanto, et al do not have a monopoly on the legal use of force so
> their ability to affect your rights is not beyond appeal.

You have to realize though that the only reason that there is a such thing
as an illegal use of force is because of the government. The only appeal
that we have to corporate abuse is to a higher authority: government (in
theory).

> When the government tells you to do something, you are forced to comply,
> ultimately at the point of a gun and you cannot shoot back legally.

The government has no particular reason to tell me to do something unless
lobbied by a corporation. I don't feat the government monitoring my
Facebook or this list - I fear my employers or potential future employers.
What does the federal government care what I say?

>     Can we be done with this?

Sure, I'm easy. I'll talk about any topic you want.

Craig