On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:54:32 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> The difference between corporations and the govt
> is that corps have to make a profit or they fail.
>
> Govt never fails.

Governments fail all of the time.

The idea of American democracy was to factor that in and create a system
which is fault tolerant, highly available, and distributively redundant (to
borrow the jargon of my field).

You have to understand that corporations exist because governments do all
of the heavy lifting for them free of charge. It educates workers,
maintains law, enforces contracts, maintains roads, ports, electric grid,
etc...

Without that immense organization underwriting business, corporations are
nothing but cartels vying for absolute monopoly for various commodities.

Craig