On 18 Dec 2012, at 00:01, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
Whoops ! Big mistake.

I had the gini index backwards.
1 means total inequality, not equality of income.
So things are getting worse in america instead of better.
And there's more equality of income in europe than here.

Good to see people admitting when they make a mistake. The next step
would be admitting that one has been out-argued, but I can't recall
this ever happening in an online forum.

It seems to me Roger did that some month ago, but perhaps in a sort of valse of hesitation. I have seen that elsewhere, but it is very rare indeed. A pity imo, as it is an honor to be defeated properly.