On 12/19/2012 3:50 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/19/2012 11:08 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 12/19/2012 1:42 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/19/2012 6:54 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Craig Weinberg
The difference between corporations and the govt
is that corps have to make a profit or they fail.

Or they get the government to give them breaks because they're too big to fail.

Brent

Hi Brent,

What if the corps where allowed to fail on their own as market forces require?

It would be very bad for the economy and a lot of working level people - so many that the corporation are, with justification, considered 'too big to fail'.

ISTM that corporations use government as a means to overcome normal market forces and thus are such a problem. Fundamentally, it is corruption within government is the main source of our problems.

But it isn't just money-under-the-table and campaign funding that corrupts; it is also a huge think-tank industry and media empire that supports politicians who vote to allow mergers and tax breaks and special regulations that, down the road, result in corporations that really are too-big-to-fail.

Brent

    So, basically, we are just screwed. OK! ;-)

--
Onward!

Stephen