Hi Jason,

I should have that if those two people can shake hands,
they cannot be identical.

----- Have received the following content -----
Sender: Roger Clough
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-26, 08:27:06
Subject: Re: Re: Against Mechanism

Hi Jason Resch

There is and cannot be two identical uploaded minds
unless you are me.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/26/2012

From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-24, 15:32:08
Subject: Re: Against Mechanism

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 12/24/2012 8:13 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Jason Resch

Since 1p has the property of perspective,
and no two people can be at the same place at the
same time,

But could there be two places that are identical to each other which contain
the same first person perspectives?

Jason

If you had two 'brains in vat' you could arrange for the same external signals
to them, e.g. from a camera at a particular location, and thus have 'the same'
visual perspective.? But I expect that their *perceptions* will still be quite
different and you could do as well by just having them stand close together or
look at the same TV screen.

Put two identical uploaded minds each in the same deterministic simulation.
?hen their perceptions should be identical.

Jason