On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 06:21:06AM -0500, Roger Clough wrote:
> Hi Russell Standish
>
> Good point.
>
> You are right, but we cannot do without 1p and 2p
> unless we want to live in Flatland (Thirdness, the publicly
> available world of 3p logic).  Truths are stated in words,
> so it includes necessary and contingent truths. The "p"
> levels are depth levels of a Peircean sort (closer to meanings than

What I wanted to get at is why are you claiming this? The 1p and 3p
refer to subjective and objective points of view. There is no
2p. There is also a 1p plural, for shared subjective things. The "p"
is short for "person"

I'm not saying these things are unconnected to Peircean semiotics, but
without more elaboration from you as to why you think so, I can't see
the connection. It is certainly not obvious.